(1907 – 2002)
Harry S. Mintz was an active member of the Chicago art scene for over 50 years. He was a Professor at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where he taught Advanced Painting from 1955 to 1975. Selected institutions and exhibitions in which his paintings have been shown include: The Museum of Modern Art, New York; The Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Corcoran Gallery, Washington, D.C.; The Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; The Los Angeles County Museum; The Art Institute of Chicago; The Biennale, Venice, Italy; and The Carnegie International, Pittsburgh.
Mr. Mintz’s works are owned by numerous museums in this country and abroad including: The Art Institute of Chicago; The Tel-Aviv Museum, Israel; The Whitney Museum of Anerican Art, New York; The Museum of Modern Art, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts, Poland. He had more than 40 one-man shows and was included in over 1,000 private and corporate collections and was the recipient of over 40 local, national and international awards.
From an announcement of a one-man show presented by the Ruth Volid Gallery, June 20 – July 11, 1986, Chicago, Illinois.
Work Available For Sale